FREE DIRT! Free Garden Supplies!
MACV has recently purchased the lot located at 2314 North 4th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55411 from Urban Homeworks. This lot was previously leased to be used as a community garden through the University of St. Thomas. MACV will build a home for Veterans in need on this lot in 2020. This home will be used to house homeless and at-risk Veterans and their families.
We are asking if anyone would like to remove or take any gardening material from this lot, please do so before June 15th, 2020. Take as much gardening supplies and plants as you’d like, MACV would like to see the garden continue to be put to good use in the neighborhood. MACV will come with volunteers to clean up the lot after June 15th, 2020 to begin preparing the lot for a new home.
MACV is looking forward to becoming a part of this neighborhood and we welcome any questions or concerns. Please reach out to MACV using the contact information below.
Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans
1000 University Ave. W., Suite #10
St. Paul, MN 55104
email@example.com | 651-291-8756 | mac-v.org
Here is the statewide summary of the availability of County Veteran Service Offices (CVSO), DAV, Minnesota VA, and other Veteran services across the state of Minnesota, with notes on how Veteran and families can receive services and how to contact each office.
Check out these resources and feel free to share with others:
Minnesota COVID-19 Updates: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
US Dept of Veterans Affairs: www.va.gov/
Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN 23): www.visn23.va.gov/
Area VA Medical Centers:
• Fargo VA Health Care System: www.fargo.va.gov/
• Minneapolis VA Health Care System: www.minneapolis.va.gov/
• St. Cloud VA Health Care System: www.stcloud.va.gov/
• Sioux Falls VA Health Care System: www.siouxfalls.va.gov/
VBA Regional Offices: • Fargo: www.benefits.va.gov/fargo/
• Sioux Falls: www.benefits.va.gov/siouxfalls/
• St. Paul: www.benefits.va.gov/stpaul
• Managing Stress and the Threat of COVID-19: https://www.health.state.mn.us/communities/ep/behavioral/stress_covid19.pdf
• COVID-19 and Healthcare Responder Stress: https://www.health.state.mn.us/communities/ep/behavioral/responder_covid19.pdf
• Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With COVID-19: https://www.nctsn.org/sites/default/files/resources/fact-sheet/outbreak_factsheet_1.pdf