MACV is continuing to provide direct services to Veterans across Minnesota during the COVID-19 crisis.
We want all Veterans and partners to know that MACV’s services will be provided remotely whenever possible, and we have limited our in-person availability only for those Veterans who otherwise would otherwise have no means to contact MACV for services.
How to contact us to include:
Online: Service Request Form
- Complete the form online, and a MACV staff will follow up with you for next steps.
Phone: (833) 222-(MACV)6228
- This number will be monitored through MACV’s normal business hours of 8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday.
- Emails will be responded to during normal business hours.
- Our offices in Saint Paul, Duluth, and Mankato are currently open for limited client services for Veterans who are unable to contact us through one of the options listed above. This is subject to change as this situation rapidly changes. Updates will be posted here as soon as they are known.
There are a number of resources in addition to MACV services becoming available as this crisis unfolds as the government and other agencies develop and expand programs and benefits. MACV will compile these resources through the links below and update periodically as relevant information becomes available.
- Link to apply to Minnesota’s Unemployment Insurance Program
- Facts about eviction and foreclosure restrictions due to COVID-19
- Resources for Food Support, Mental Health, and Legal Assistance
- MDVA COVID-19 Financial Assistance for Veterans (Administered by MN Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Updated contact information for Minnesota CVSO’s, VA Services, and DAV
- Housing Link’s List of Resources for Renters during COVID-19
Please play close attention to and follow the guidance provided by the Minnesota Department of Health Coronavirus website. There are hotlines posted on the site that are open daily from 7am to 7pm to contact with specific questions not answered online.