At the Minnesota Senate: MACV Presentation
MACV President and CEO Neal Loidolt presented MACV’s mission and status yesterday to the Minnesota Senate. Sitting before the Committee on Veterans and Military Affairs Finance and Policy, Loidolt provided insight into the methods and successes of MACV’s effort to end Veteran Homelessness in Minnesota.
We are proud to report Veterans who accessed housing through placement by a MACV service provider have less than a 10% return to homelessness rate.
MACV has a 90% success rate in housing placement of Vets from on the Minnesota Veterans Homeless Registry.
Some highlights of MACV’s effort in 2021 include:
- 1,438 Veterans served and enrolled in comprehensive services
- 837 Veterans received direct financial assistance
- 242 Veterans placed in our hotel emergency shelter program
- 193 Veterans were placed into employment
- 110 Veterans with significant justice involvement housed through our Landlord Engagement Program
Additionally, MACV’s services grew in type. In addition to housing, employment, and legal services, we’ve grown landlord engagement, healthcare navigation, and justice involved provisions.